Engineering – Skövde
Job Type: Permanent - full time
Location: Skövde, Sweden
Founded in 2010 by a group of enthusiastic gamedev students, joined together in their mutual worship of competitive gaming. Dreaming loud and together building one of Scandinavia's finest game studio to date.
There are forty developers in our highly efficient team, each gifted with their own unique skill set. We have a great sense of togetherness and a large part of our team has been with us from the beginning.
At Stunlock Studios we value passion and diversity. There are ongoing discoveries in every corner and we're eager to hear about them. Open communication is important to us and we value the opinion of everyone working with us.
We’re looking for driven and ambitious individuals who share our values and passion for games. We welcome those who strive for constant improvement and who does not let fear of failure stand in their way.
What you will do:
You will get the opportunity to work with distributed systems that span the globe. The sun never sets on your servers, and the players never stop playing. With Kubernetes, a containerized deployment flow and Prometheus in the toolbox you will be working with some of the most popular open source projects in the field with great opportunity to guide both the direction and details of your work. All of the server-related tooling and infrastructure currently in use are open source, making your work relatable to the rest of the industry.
- Work with application developers to ensure security, availability and performance of services
- Deploy and maintain Kubernetes clusters across multiple cloud providers and locations across the globe
- Work with global partner companies to solve issues and define deployment processes on their infrastructure
- Define, automate and optimize deployment processes for distributed applications in all stages of the application lifecycle (CI/CD)
- Solve problems with mission critical applications & services and automate where possible to prevent non-exceptional work from recurring
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, applications and networks. Identify root causes and provide recommendations or solutions for permanent fixes to critical issues.
- Maintain the security of infrastructure, keep up-to-date with security notices of deployed software and respond appropriately
- Be part of the on-call rotation for handling emergencies occurring outside office hours
Who are you?
You have a drive of wanting to figure out how things work in detail and you are generally not satisfied with workarounds or bandaids when solving problems. Linux is a deeply familiar toolkit all the way from kernel to shell and you don’t shy away from bending a few [ip|nf]tables rules or getting intimate with tcpdump when the situation calls for it. Containers are probably nothing new to you - as you might like to point out, cgroups are more than ten years old at this point!
Computer hardware is more to you than the dusty things that run what matters and you are familiar with adapting hardware configurations to software requirements. Perhaps you can appreciate the romance of hot-swapping a faulty RAID drive without bringing the system down, but importantly you have experience with cloud providers and virtualized environments. Configuring virtual networks, security groups and route tables on a cloud platform is a welcome respite from having to wait three days for that Cisco router delivery from Amazon before you can set up the new stage environment, only to find out that you actually needed the 28-port switch.
You constantly strive to improve on established systems, keeping availability, reliability, security as well as performance. Monitoring and alerting are important features you incorporate from the start of any deployment. Automating everything is the natural way for you. You keep up to date with industry standards and new developments in the field to keep both your own skills and the systems you work with up-to-date.
We welcome you to the Stunlock family, a fun and exciting workplace where we value everyone's work and opinions. Become part of a team that develops state of the art games played by millions of players around the globe!
We also offer:
- Full insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- Paid hours for workout
- Monthly salary
We require that all applicants send us a resume and cover letter.