Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Skövde
Senior Software Engineer
Fixed-Term - full time
Location: Skövde, Sweden
What it’s about
Are you an experienced software engineer? Do you want the chance to make a big impact in your work place and our project? do you want to be able to influence things? Are you passionate about gaming?
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for you to become part of our growing team of software engineers at Stunlock Studios. Here at Stunlock Studios, we are developing competitive and community driven games, always with the players in focus.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer that wants to be part of a smaller studio where everyones efforts makes a difference and where everyone has a chance to make their voice heard.
Check out one of our tech wizards at steam dev days!
What will you do?
● Collaborate closely together with other engineers on both planning and implementation of many different tasks.
● Ability to identify and solve problems across several areas ranging from but not limited to backend, tools, interface and analytics.
● Work both independently and collaboratively on developing new features as well as improving existing features.
● Constantly evolve pipelines and workflows to increase effectiveness and quality across all areas of development.
How will you do it?
You will work closely together with the other engineers in a team environment. You will be involved in planning and design of new features. You will be responsible for your own code-base and will work actively to improve your own and others code. You will be learning and teaching new techniques, technologies and best practices to the other engineers and other disciplines in the studio.
Who are you?
You are able to handle and prioritize several tasks and responsibilities at the same time. You are always looking ahead, identifying new problems and challenges that needs to be tackled. You know how to best solve a problem but you also know when a shortcut could be the better option. You are always improving as you are constantly looking for new and better ways to solve a problem. You understand the importance of writing optimized, well-documented and scalable solutions as well as the importance of constantly profiling, debugging and utilizing diagnostic tools to perfect your solutions. You value knowledge and are passionate about learning and developing new skills. You are a team player, you find joy in helping your co-workers. You value and respect the input and feedback of the people surrounding you.
● Documented experience working as a software developer for several years
● Advanced understanding of multiple programming languages. Especially C#.
● You have great communication skills.
● English proficiency (both spoken and written).
● Passionate about games and game-development
● Experience working as a software engineer in the video game industry
● Unity experience.
● Experience with databases such as MySQL or Oracle.
● Good understanding of additional languages such as C++, Java, Python and Ruby.
● Experience with server / client architectures.
● Networking experience with both TCP and UDP protocols.
● Linux experience.
● You are a Battlerite enthusiast.
● Competitive multiplayer games have a special place in your heart.
What does Stunlock offer?
● Generous contributory pension
● Pre-emptive Healthcare initiative
● Insurance package
● Two paid hours for exercise per week will ensure that you stay healthy and fit for doing what you do best!
● Flexible work-hours